Friday, November 07, 2008

the doorbell rings

At Gina's tonight watching Keith O after feeding the cats, the doorbell rang. This was unique in my experiences there. At the door were three neighborbood girls, the oldest maybe 13. They had come to see the kitten, or kittens, I wasn't sure. They explained that they had given Gina four kittens. Gina found homes for three & kept one, but I didn't know if she had told the girls yet, so I dodged it. They know I'm the cat guy, I'm over there almost every weekend for a little while, sometimes I sit on the steps in front of the house & read the newspaper while the cats eat. It's a dead end street & the kids play in it.

The kitten was peeking out the door. I handed it to the girls, they passed it around. I said it didn't have a name yet, & Gina expected it to choose its own name, & the oldest girl said seriously, "Yes, sometimes they do that." Don't ask me to explain how this happens, but it does. Apparently satisfied that this kitten was doing fine, they took their leave. "Come back Sunday & get the official report," I said. Nice kids.
***
Craig Ferguson: You voted for Barack Obama? Why?
George W. Bush: McCain would just give us 8 more years of Cheney's failed policies.
**
Craig Ferguson: You can't leave now. You're president until January 20th, read a copy of the Constitution.
George W. Bush: Cheney ripped them all up.
***
Getting back to normal here. I had 12 times my average pageloads on Tuesday - the rise began on Sunday - because Google was finding a blog post from over a year ago that mentioned the electoral college & contained a graphic. Happened twice before with posts about a giant extinct scorpion & a count the yoyos word contest on TV.
**

Labels: ,


Comments:
My biggest search links are "and all the colored girls go ..." which links to an old Lou Reed song.

Go figure.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?