Saturday, August 24, 2013

Nazz - Wildwood Blues

Todd Rundgren's Philadelphia supergroup, 1968. The few people I've met who saw Nazz live said they were terrific. Todd quit Nazz owing the world a third Nazz album & he owed me a Nazz concert at Asbury Park Convention Hall. Apparently, they didn't come north of Wildwood on the Jersey shore & to my knowledge never played NYC. What they refer to as "looking like 1953" included motels in the "doo wop" style, now considered classics & being demolished, like my beloved Lurae & the older motor court type  Kismet across the street.  But even in the Nineties I found Wildwood's music scene to be a bit ... lagging.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?