Tuesday, April 16, 2013

There was a product rep by the cashier in 7-Eleven. She said I could have a dollar off coupon on an item if I let her scan my drivers license. I said, I'm not letting you scan my license. She asked why. I said, you'll have my name, address & license number, which you will send to the Great Cloud in the Sky. She said, what are you worried about? We won't do anything with it. I said, if you weren't doing anything with it, you'd just give me the coupon. She & the cashier, a college student who already knows I'm a peculiar person, thought I was nuts.

I know it impossible these days to protect one's personal information. But I'm not just going to hand it over to someone in a convenience store with a portable scanner.  Hey, take my social security number while you're at it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?