Tuesday, December 04, 2012

The Marketts - Bat Cape

From the album "Batman Theme" (1966). The famed Wrecking Crew L.A. session musicians doing professional work on a bunch of silly, likable novelties. At WFMU, I was never able to settle on an "out theme,"  the talkover music for closing  the show. Depends on how close I ran a set to the end - sometimes there's no time for any, how much back-announcing I needed to do,  plus the 45 seconds it took me to say goodbye, announce the next DJ, & give my tag line, "Until that time, just close your eyes & pretend to be asleep." But "Bat Cape" was a good one among many I liked for it.





"Until that time" is from Jackie Gleason in Soldier In The Rain. "Just close your eyes & pretend to be asleep" is from Jack Nicholson as a late night radio talk show  monologist in King of Marvin Gardens, two of my favorite "small" movies.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?