Thursday, August 30, 2012

Happy Birthday, Robert Crumb

The great "underground" cartoonist.
When I first became attracted to the presidency of Franklin Roosevelt, millions of Americans in my parents' & grandparents' generations shared my admiration. I encountered photos of Roosevelt in basement family rooms hanging next to portraits of John Kennedy & Pope John XXIII. Little did I know I was embarking on a journey into ultra-left wing radicalism simply by continuing to admire Roosevelt. I suppose my protestant respect for Pope John XXIII is mistaken, too.

I just placed a second Facebook friend on "restricted" status until after the election. In part for his own good, as he was making an idiot of himself in front of my other FB friends, & he's "family" in a tenuous sort of way. Restricted means when he views my wall he'll think I took a sabbatical. Here's the posted image & the comment that sent him over the line: "Ya think it was built by those two or three men, a bunch of women and those kids. They're a talented bunch."

Stupid.

 He'd also latched on to an unfunny  running "gag" that I'd rather be a Republican (I think I mentioned this in earlier blog post) based on his inability to understand what some FB friends & I meant when we discussed our fondness for traditions & dislike of sudden, radical change.  That's just insulting after awhile.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?