Saturday, August 18, 2012

Right wingers tell me I'm an ideologue. But some dope over at Kos dredged up a four year old comment of mine where I expressed disappointment with both the Obama & Clinton primary campaigns, proving I'm not an ideologue, & therefore contemptibly inconsistent. The Kossack forgets that in April 2008 Clinton & Obama were bashing each other so badly there was serious anxiety the party couldn't unify. Hillary won the Feb 6 2008 NJ primary popular vote by 10 points. I voted for Obama. Knowing what I know now, I probably would have voted for Clinton. I'll still vote Obama in November. But I think I represent a large, grumbling part of the party base. Ironically, we get attacked by partisans because we now believe Hillary is more "liberal." When I've published a poem I later wished I hadn't, that bothered me.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?