Saturday, June 16, 2012

My Republican Dad

My Republican Dad in the tricorner hat. The cannon was his & it's real. Took his American history seriously, not so much himself. I'll match him up against anyone's Republican dad.

This photo probably explains something about me. & about the kinds of people I like. No, not exhibitionists. People who  know something about something & don't apologize for who they are & what they like. Without Dad's example  I never would've gone on WFMU with the music I brought to it.

An editor of Weird NJ, great magazine, once had the audacity to suggest the publication had influenced me. Didn't even warrant a response from me. He'd never driven around Jersey with Dad.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?