Friday, April 20, 2012

If you asked me to make a liberal/progressive case for the Obama adminstration that didn't include "the alternatives are far worse," I'm not sure what I would say.  Had I fallen asleep four years ago & woken up today, I'd have to say Barack Obama became mostly the kind of president I thought he might become & hoped he wouldn't the two times I voted for him. It's a measure of America's disappointment with Obama that Mitt Romney is polling neck-in-neck although hardly anyone actually likes or trusts Mitt. Romney wouldn't have beaten Bill Clinton, Al Gore, or Obama in 2008.

Mitt is every bit as bizarre as he seems to be. It's not an act. I think, Does he have any hobbies? Has he ever read books for pleasure?  Did he learn anything interesting about France during the two years he resided there as a Mormon missionary?  No, no, & no.  He's one of those white kids in white shirts & ties who walk around my neighborhood in pairs. Except he's an extremely privileged, wealthy & elite version of one of those guys. Don't kid yourself about the Latter Day Saints; privilege, wealth & family name count for a lot with them.

My only statement on the "Fido" controversy. Barack Obama was a child residing with his stepfather in a strange land with, to us, some very strange customs. Matter closed, no reflection on his character.  Mitt Romney was a grown man who figured if a dog liked  riding in a car with sociable humans & sticking its head out a  window for crazy & wonderful  blasts of assorted smells up its nose, it would be delighted if  isolated & terrified in a cage on a car roof where it could conceivably become dislodged, fall on to the highway, & be trapped as it was run over by 18 wheelers, the Romney family unaware of its horrific end. I wouldn't do that to a dog; you, I hope, wouldn't do that to a dog. Mitt did. He thinks it's funny.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?