Thursday, January 19, 2012

megabust

Went to download an out-of-print LP by jazz singer Sue Raney via a blog I've used many times for that kind of music, & the linked file site would not come up in the browser. I pasted the link in notepad & lo it was for megaupload:

Megaupload, one of the internet's largest file-sharing sites, has been shut down by officials in the US.
The site's founders have been charged with violating piracy laws.
Federal prosecutors have accused it of costing copyright holders more than $500m (£320m) in lost revenue. The firm says it was diligent in responding to complaints about pirated material.
The news came a day after anti-piracy law protests, but investigators said they were ordered two weeks ago.
The US Justice Department said that Megaupload's two co-founders Kim Dotcom, formerly known as Kim Schmitz, and Mathias Ortmann were arrested in Auckland, New Zealand along with two other employees of the business at the request of US officials. It added that three other defendants were still at large.
(The blog immediately went to "by invitation only')

Comments:
Welcome to MY world. I don't know how many DMCA take downs you have had, let alone what they are, but I, for one, have been hit such that I shut down yesterday. LONG LIVE THE TUBES (oh ... shit, ) THE INTERNETS
 
I've never had a DMCA take down order (knock on wood), but that's because of the kind of music I post. Only four my hundreds of You Tube uploads have had world wide blocks, three of those were Warner Entertainment, so I avoid Warner/Reprise stuff. Whatever corp controls RCA material settles for putting ads on the vids, which is how I'm able to upload so much Henry Mancini music.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?