Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Chris Rock

Chris Rock reminds me of the guys at the train station who  get in close to you  & run off at their mouths about any old shit while you're trying to use the outside platform ticket machine.  The game is to make you screw up   the steps, at which point they try to step in & do it for you so you'll either give them the change the machine drops or hand them something out of your pocket. Since I usually use a debit card & pin number, I turn, face them, & sternly say, "Back off!"  They do, but not as far as I like, grumbling, "O.K.. O.K., man, just trying to help, you know?" These guys really unnerve the Latinos with poor English comprehension, & suburban families on weekends headed into the city to see some Disney on Ice show at  the Garden & attempting to  get the child fare  discount. If the ticket window  in the waiting room  is open, use it.
***
I think a woman was trying to flirt with me at 7-11 earlier, looked in her '40s, but she was acting a bit peculiar, sort of hyper, & there's lots of people around here on pharmaceuticals, prescribed & not. I am not a flirtable person. I can be schmoozed, that's all.
***

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?