Tuesday, December 13, 2011

(Reuters) - Reality TV star and property mogul Donald Trump said on Tuesday he will not moderate a planned debate among Republican presidential hopefuls after all but two candidates declined to attend.
***
"I am not willing to give up my right to run as an Independent candidate," Trump said in a statement. "Therefore, so that there is no conflict of interest within the Republican Party, I have decided not to be the moderator of the Newsmax debate."
I'm sorta disappointed. Trump was perfect for this, despite some Repug candidates saying it would be "unpresidential" to participate. A shameless self-promoter & proud one-percenter, who better to serve as ringmaster for the Repug clowns?

A substantial portion of the Repug base is willing to vote for Trump. Why is he inferior to Newt or Mitt or Herman? All these candidate exist inside bubbles, Trump inside the biggest bubble of them all - Trump World. Has anyone of Trump's wealth contributed less to the betterment of the human race? Would anyone  more quickly  become disenchanted with the responsibilities of being  President?  What do you mean I have to put my treasure in trust & I can't use my presidential powers to build luxury golf courses & condos  on military bases?

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?