Saturday, December 24, 2011

My Christmas present this year came in form of a WFMU DJ, newly returned to staff after a long absence. requesting me as a fill-in at the suggestion of the station manager. Although I haven't done a show in a few years & my embouchure is messed up, & I look like crap, I was so tempted to sneak in & do it, except it included an hour of board op - sitting the home studio board for a remote broadcast, & I should not be entrusted with that responsibility  on my first show back in several years.. It's one thing to screw up your own show getting reacquainted with the set-up, I can cover that up - I used to create studio "accidents" on purpose - warped records, damaged CDs, electrical shocks, even falling off my chair   - quite another to incompetently mess up someone else's program out on location. The invite alone is a gift.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?