Thursday, November 24, 2011
- I am thankful to be alive.
- I am thankful for Gina nearby & for her cats; for Gail & Melodi & Sheron & Barbara at a distance; for X-Ray Burns' & Joe Renna's phone #s on my cell; for knowing some wonderful writers who consider me their peer; for being treated as a functioning staffer at WFMU through a long sabbatical.
- I'm grateful for all the dedicated music bloggers who make available rips of rare records from their collections.
- I'm grateful for this apartment & for the government & private agency programs that threw a safety net under a downward spiraling depression.
- I'm grateful that a few of my younger relatives reached out to me on Facebook. Don't believe everything you hear about me, guys.
- I'm grateful that once-in-awhile I feel the presence of God this world.
Labels: holidays, Mahalo
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson