Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Your Father's Feathers

My shrink's previous clinical social worker assistant had so many problems of her own & spoke so much about them that I didn't want to bother her with minor problems of my own, & I didn't trust her professional detachment. Now he has a new one, a young woman who sounds & looks freshly minted from some graduate school social worker mill.  Despite all the effort & expense required  to become one, I suspect Licensed Clinical Social Worker is a high attrition occupation.  The older social workers I've met are battle-tested.  On one hand they don't take any shit from clients - they've heard it all,  but on the other hand when  they advocate for you stuff happens & bureaucrats get out of the way. Came home straightaway via cab, didn't expect a thunder shower but figured if I walked  downtown there'd surely be one.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?