Tuesday, May 24, 2011

you don't miss your water

A water main up at the corner broke this morning - the first warm day we've had in weeks - & a lot of people had a scuzzy day.  I had just enough water in the fridge to make coffee & do basics.  A little while ago I concluded I'd have to walk up to 7-11 & hope there hadn't been a run on 1/2 gallons. I passed a hole in the street & a repair crew. I got the water, & when I walked home the hydrant on the corner was turned on, water pouring out. On my corner a couple of men were in the street opening up a  below ground valve. The water in my building was flowing again. I flushed the toilet. I'm drinking the bottled water.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?