Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Strand

1983 chapbook published by Dave Cope, Grandville MI. The title poem metamorphosed into "Boardwalk" (although the central structure of the piece was retained) &  finished a few years later after some "further research on the Wildwood boardwalk." Few if any of the other poems stayed in my folio, as the collection convinced me that the kind of "open field"  poem I was pursuing - which wandered far from the left margin & was dependent on the typewriter - didn't suit the simpler style that increasingly attracted & worked for me & that I knew editors preferred.

Photo is Seaside Heights boardwalk, around midnight,  early in the season. We'd spent most of the evening in the arcades.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?