Saturday, February 19, 2011

One of my Facebook friends (although he doesn't know me from Adam) is a young Wisconsin attorney named Robert Jelani Eddington. Jelani also happens to be one of America's finest theater organists. He posted today how proud he was to have marched in Madison "alongside school teachers, firefighters, police officers, 911 operators, unions, and many more in support of the rights of hard-working Wisconsin citizens!"

I commented that if I'd organized the march, I'd have invited him to play "God Bless America" on a steam calliope for the crowd, if I could find one to rent.

He replied, "There was a saxophonist, and a Scottish pipe/drum band there....we could have had a fun ensemble!"

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?