Wednesday, January 26, 2011

State of the Union

Just read the transcript. I never watch the SOTU (sometimes the part before to see who the president schmoozes as he walks in). It's nice he's sort-of in his inspirational mode again. I've wondered where that guy went - it's why I voted for him. But my complaint too often is the same: How can one dream big dreams while pissing away The People's Money in wars waged not for national self-preservation, but mainly for the profits they generate through waste of lives & treasure we don't have the nerve to honestly examine?

How did I get on the Heritage Foundation mailing list? Large envelope in mailbox today with wasteful ten-page (printed on one side) appeal for membership.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?