Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Cab driver

I recognized the cab driver.  The "I Love Jesus" thing hanging from the rear view, Bloomberg radio station blaring financial news on the radio. & he still hadn't learned the best route for getting from there to here at 3:30 PM. So we crawled through the streets around downtown Elizabeth as he made little grunts of annoyance at the long traffic lights & school buses delivering kids at every corner.   Smart  cabbies  know all the options, & options within options.  But I knew it was getting late in  his 12 hour shift, so I gave him an extra buck anyway.
***
I'm starting to wonder if one of my Facebook friends might be a fictitious creation with perfect hubby, wonderful kids, great job, beautiful home, complete with faked pix. Every real person posts a bad day in their status once-in-awhile.

I "defriended" two people. One was  popular artist whose work I love, but he has nearly 5000 friends & posts too much.  I was automatically notified of the other person's birthday, went to write greetings on his wall &, saw he never posted anything & couldn't recall why I even "knew" him.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?