Friday, December 31, 2010

2010

Heartfelt thanks to Gina for being there for me so much this past year. May your every kindness be rewarded ten-fold.

Thanks also to Joe from Cranford & X-Ray from Kearny for sending their "call anytime if you have a problem" phone numbers. Didn't need to use 'em, thank heavens, but felt better just having them. They do mean anytime.

Thanks to online friends who checked in on me from time to time, made sure I was posting regularly on the blog or at Facebook. Carrie was alarmed once just because I missed a blog day. & others who e mailed to remind me I was in their thoughts & prayers.

Thanks to those at Street Prophets who discerned I was having a rough year  as my oft-verbose comments posts became briefer (especially Sara,  who gets my sense-of-humor &  promoted my rare sidebar diaries to "front page.").

Thanks to WFMU DJs & listeners for treating me like I still do radio programs.

Thanks to the poets  who consider me a worthy peer.  More of them understand  that I'm a poet no matter what I happen to be doing.

Thanks to fellow writers Rob O'Connor & Dave Cope for exchanging messages the "old-fashioned" way, at length & with complete thoughts & sentences.

Thanks to Edie for remembering, although she doesn't use the internet & won't read this.

Thanks to Jamie for connecting via FB (her mom, my former boss at Pearl Arts, found me), then having a baby on Dec 27 & naming her Noella (I also was rooting for the 25th).

& thanks to God for granting my one sincere, spontaneous, self-serving prayer this year.

Labels:


Comments:
It's been a rough year, for sure. Glad we seem to have survived it in one piece thus far.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?