Wednesday, August 04, 2010

THE CRUX OF SUMMER


 
 
        rattling, clicking, chirping,
        my tumultuous backyard -
        out there are basic songs
 
        In here behind this screen
        is a quiet life
        with a stray mosquito,
        a small spider meaning me no harm,
        I insulate myself against a noisy dark
 
        I must learn to express love boldly,
        it is a promise I have made myself
        opposing all the silences
        that have overtaken my life
 
        Like an insect in the grass
        driven by wordless desires -
        I too have no protection
 
        Like that insect I call out
        because it is my true song,
        my rattle, my click, my chirp



© Bob Rixon

Labels:


Comments:
Older poem. Always liked it.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?