Monday, May 24, 2010

I am not given to overstatement or hyperbole in my writing. It is filled with hedges & qualifiers; somewhat, sometimes, mainly, usually, possibly, probably. There are few absolutes like the greatest, the worst, the best. Some of it comes from my cautious personality, some from my experience as a reader & poet. I like understated poets, Wordsworth over Coleridge, Keats over Shelley, if we compare the Romantics. Occasionally I write what are obviously tall tales, I'm not trying to fool anyone. But I think most of you know this. I know I write truthfully about depression; other depressed people & some who are not understand me.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?