Thursday, March 25, 2010

A ticket agent at the Elizabeth train station ticket window was saying the word "f*ck" so much in her conversation with the other ticket seller that I almost went over & asked her to tone it down. She was as bad as Tony Soprano. But it's not the backroom at the Bada Boom.

I went to Newark to put urine in a little plastic jar. I don't know why I can't do it at my local primary doctor & have her send it to the lab. My urologist has unpredictable office hours. In addition to being a urologist & a surgeon, he's a medical school professor. Yesterday, I learned I have the "Millie" option. Millie, one of his assistants. works in another dept in the same building when his office is closed. Turned out I could see Millie. They never told me that before. Millie is a kind & very serious young woman. She looked a lot busier in the place I was in today, but she remembered my name.

The doctor is trying, so far without success, to clear up a bladder infection. He didn't even know I had it until I showed up for another test, & he hadn't looked at the results from a standard test taken two weeks earlier. Meanwhile, I'd been on a 7 day preventive antibiotic regimen some doctors put everyone these days before they touch you. But I think the basic treatment for a known bladder infection is ten days. So I went back on the antibiotic. It was, I could tell, working. Then his office called & said I was "sensitive" to the drug - I have no idea how - & was switched to another. That one didn't quite knock it out. So I went on another. It hasn't cleared up.

Urinary infections are smelly. Women know this.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?