Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Dear Councilman Keenan

My councilman used to be the library director, replied within hours, wrote that he confrmed the problem by trying the search function, & would look into it. The problem became really inexcusable after the library made cosmetic improvements to the website without upgrading functionality, & someone on the staff created a Facebook page.
March 10 at 7:15pm
Dear Councilman Keenan;

I have just been trying to search for the author Stuart M. Kaminsky on the Elizabeth Public Library website. Not trying to use the website to hold a book or have one sent to my Elmora branch. I just want to know what EPL has by Stuart M. Kaminsky. If I can find that much out, I can call & arrange to have another Toby Peters or Abe Lieberman mystery delivered to Elmora.

The search function does not function. It rarely does.

To test & compare, I quickly searched libraries of Roselle Park, Roselle, Union, & Newark. They all worked. I found the Kaminsky books on their shelves.

I have sent e mails to EPL regarding this problem & asking for an explanation. No staffer has ever taken the time to reply. Yet, the library is quite aware there is a serious problem when one cannot even do a basic catalogue search. The librarians at Elmora sure know it.

& now you do.

Sincerely,
Bob

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Let us know how it turns out. I use the Rahway Library's Web Site quite often. It allows me to reserve a book or renew books that I've checked out.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?