Saturday, February 06, 2010

snowmageddon

Nuisance snowfall here (didn't need those eggs & milk, people), another big one for South Jersey. The third storm this winter that shaped up in this pattern. More typically, the Jersey shore is a few degrees milder & receives sloppy snow/sleet combinations while the hilly northwest part of Jersey is socked in.

5:30 pm; Still snowing in Cape May. I'm curious about the snowfall amount around Egg Harbor Township, Atlantic County. A heavy snowband was stalled over that area for hours before I went to bed last night, & another was there this morning.

Labels: ,


Comments:
I know. I feel bad for those down the shore, but am I glad I didn't need my yard maintenance men today. usually we get buried here in Lake Hopatcong and my house on LBI has nothing. Today its the opposite, but the yard in LBI does not need to be cleared. I hate the snow. I'm thinking this may be last year in NJ for the winter. I sold the Lake Hopatcong house, and leased it back for now. I'm thinking I'll winter in Long Boat Key, FL and summer on LBI. We'll see. Stay warm.
 
My mother lives in Little Egg Harbor (Ocean County) and I just spoke to her. She actually went out in her back yard with her yard stick and said it measured 21" and its still snowing. Mom is 78, and I picked up her older sister who is 85 at EWR on Thursday (she lives in Las Vegas) and brought her to my Mother's for a visit. She is not accustomed to this type of weather. Aunt Vickie is only 4'1", and Mom wants to gether picture in the snow up to her waist. The humor of senior citizens.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?