Sunday, November 29, 2009

South Amboy NJ


Coal dumper, South Amboy NJ.

Labels: ,


Comments:
That probably once was the property of the Pennsylvania RR. I'm not sure if it is still there...it may have been replaced by the Lighthouse Point luxury development.

The old Reading coal dumper is still standing along the Arthur Kill in Pt. Reading, along with a half-submerged Reading passenger ferry. I kayaked there from Carteret over the summer...it was very cool to explore.
 
Urban kayaking & canoeing are great. Competitive swimming in urban rivers - that I can respect without having any desire to do.
 
Based on my experiences in the Arthur Kill by boat, I'm not jumping in for a dip any time soon.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?