Thursday, October 15, 2009

accidental phone call

Very early this morning - late late last insomniac night for me, I was keying a phone # into the cellphone memory when I fumbled & hit dial for another number, I didn't check to see who. It rang once before I could disconnect. A few minutes later, trying to input the new # again, my phone rang its short jingle. The sleepy voice at the other end, someone I haven't talked with in awhile & owed a call, didn't know who she was returning the call to, had just hit call back without looking at number. Easier for her than turning on light & putting on her glasses. I identified myself & said I was sorry I messed up & quickly explained it. She sounded unsurprised, not annoyed, because she doesn't believe in coincidences. "It's alright, " she said, "you were supposed to call me." & we had a brief sleepy chat, then agreed to reconnect soon at a better hour. I'm relieved she let me off the hook. I had heard the little voice telling me to read a book, not get out of bed & fool around with that gadget in the middle of the night.

Labels:


Comments:
Kind of like "butt dialing" when you have your cell in your pocket and sit down and it calls a number!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?