Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Slept all day

Had to. Gray, rainy, quiet. Things I could be dealing with, but sleeping, then getting clean, a good shave after a week, eating, puttering, reading, watching TV, going to sleep at an earlier hour, seemed like the essential projects & I'd do phone calls & etc. on Wednesday. Visiting Nurse left a message, service becomes available when you live alone. I wondered at Trinitas pushing them over other similar services in competitive market for the insurance dollar. Some of their services are very basic, just a brief visit every few days until you get back into routine. My apt needs a thorough cleaning; it is dirty. I also have to explain that much of this clutter is bachelor mess, some is the landlord's fault (hasn't fixed the ceiling in the other room), & some is how I like my lifestyle - common for writers, artists, musicians, DJs, etc. but just mess to anyone unaccustomed to it. I'm the kind of person you're more likely to encounter in Jersey City & Brooklyn.

I remember a photo of composer John Zorn's small apt. He had thousands of records on shelves & scattered around, assorted musical instruments & sound & recording equipment, & a mattress in the middle of it all. He was indifferent to any other amenities.

The contrast is that I always have a supply of laundried clothes, & I'm personally clean when I go out into public. I hand washed two pairs of boxer shorts before I went to bed last night. There's a man in a basement apt here who is literally stinking up the hallways. There's probably no legal way of preventing it. I don't know if he has a medical problem or just doesn't care.

I do not like the new My Yahoo daily comics content box. Comics are displayed even smaller, & they dropped Ted Rall.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?