Thursday, October 01, 2009

Dream

In my dream I'm sleepy when I get on the subway & I fall asleep. I wake up as the train pulls into a station I think might be a safe neighborhood in the Bronx, & I get off the train intending to walk around to the other entrance, pay the fare, & go back to wherever I was. But it''s like some of the street exits in Manhattan, where you come up out of the subway , you're confused at first & have to orient yourself to uptown & downtown, & you're a block away from the entrance to the trains in the other direction. I need directions to those other trains. I ask a guy also leaving the station. He's friendly, but he treats me like I'm harmless crazy. Apparently I was saying crazy things in my sleep on the train. He thinks I need money. He reaches in his pocket & hands me some wrinkled paper money, gladly. It looks like fives & tens. He's generous. must be more loaded than he's dressed. But I don't need the money. I just want to know where the entrance is. He walks aways. There I am, in a not unpleasant but strange neighborhood, no subway entrance in sight. I don't recall where I intended to go in the first place, which doesn't seem to bother me, I only want to get back to where I started, should be easy enough if I could find the darned station.
***
All week I've been writing current event blogposts & leaving them in draft. Could use a shot of heat in the apt tonight, not gonna get it. The shower water wasn't hot enough today, though not low enough to complain. It wasn't at full steamy warm-the-lizard temp. I should have hiked crosstown this evening & left a standard form for my shrink to fill out. It's a form he completes every year, wish it was sent directly to him. Next scheduled appt is two more weeks, have to complete form before them. & there's a staff nurse who will have an considered opinion on swine flu shots. I also need to wander through downtown, buy some underwear, a pair of cheap jeans, a watch battery, & check out the sneakers at Payless.

When I tried installing my beloved Slam Tilt pinball on this PC, the game software threatened replacing existing drivers with the ones on the CD without offering a don't replace option & I couldn't risk whatever that might have done.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?