Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I appreciate my online friends

I appreciate my online friends, but I sure could use a friend right here, right now.

My shrink will be alarmed tomorrow, but I doubt he'll know what to do. The weakness of the clinic is that although it's part of the large Trinitas medical services system, yet has qualities of a quasi-governmental agency, it's unintegrated, an appendage, symbolized by its location. It doesn't treat the whole person. & it ought to.

I don't know if such a place even exists anywhere. But all the parts & pieces for it are there, in this city. & the idea itself. & it would be more economical. The huge county college is organized more thoughtfully, an advertisement for what government can do to weave together purposes & needs including, ironically, Trinitas School of Nursing. I think government would run the psych clinic better than the private Trinitas system does.

The clinic probably reports me as a "success," by some absurd measurement.

Oh well, I can do something important & necessary right now, a large load of laundry in the basement machine. I have quarters.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?