Monday, October 05, 2009

His price was right

Wasn't feeling well, didn't need library books (always incentive), but I ran out of coffee, bananas, & peanut butter today so there was no getting around a walk to supermarket. The guy front of me had bought a lot of family type groceries but the scanner had not run up the two cans of coffee at the half-price sale he insisted was on the shelf tag. The cashier, one of the store's veteran battle-axes, was giving him a real hard time. I happened to know he was correct. It was an odd Entenmann's brand, had been on sale for weeks as a closeout, probably decent, I'd considered trying it when it first went on sale except it's a light roast & I'm committed to dark roast. I'd just been in the coffee aisle & noticed it was still there. He did the right thing. He had the coffee taken off the bill, paid for the rest of the groceries, left his shopping cart filled up with bags nearby, & as I was finishing paying for my stuff he returned & handed the sale shelf tag to the cashier. Glory be, the scanner is wrong! A wrench in the gears. Was it worth it? Yeah, they had to give him the price, he saved himself six bucks & went home without the annoyed feeling you get when you surrender the high ground on some minor matter only because it's too much of a hassle to defend it.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?