Friday, October 30, 2009

$2.20 fine

Later:
Librarian: You owe $2.20 fine on this book.
Me: I renewed it online.
Librarian: We advise patrons not to renew online.
Me: At 10 PM your website doesn't advise me that.
(I paid the fine. In fact, the website had let me renew a book that was already overdue. It was a pretty good novel. )
DVDs are $1.50 for two day rental, $2 per day overdue fine. Noncompetitive.

Xtras: Plastic drop cloth; four Woodland Wreath scented candles; cheap TV antenna; Frozen french toast.

Beautiful day & shrink is not in today & available for a "walk in." Said he's in Monday. He used to be in Fridays & out of office Mondays, I'm sure of it. I should have toughed it out & gone yesterday. So that changes the downtown journey. If I held up well on the way back I was stopping by main library & then buying a cheap pair of jeans. Instead, do a swing through branch library, dollar stores, & supermarket & I can stay close to home over weekend.

Last night, Hideki Matsui out guessed wily Pedro Martinez, got hold of a breaking ball nearly in the dirt & lifted it over the right field wall. The Japanese World Series broadcasters must have gone nuts. Pedro shook it off. It was, after all, an unhittable fair ball pitch for 95% of hitters. Johnny Damon, a good hitter oft tempted by those, would've whiffed it on six inches of empty air & spun completely around.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?