Thursday, September 24, 2009

Two more terrorist bomber arrests

Two more terrorist bomber arrests.

If some one approached me & said they could help me commit a criminal act, I would reply that I am not a criminal & have no desire to commit a crime, & please leave me alone. But what if if I was going around expressing a desire to commit a criminal act, & an undercover agent of law enforcement manipulated me into the attempt, & then arrested me? I'd probably be getting what I deserved. Unless I was also subject to conspiratorial pressure or personal threats if I backed out. There should always be an opt out. That's why I felt several of the hapless, stupid Fort Dix "terrorists" were punished too severely. But what's this man's defense?

DALLAS – A 19-year-old Jordanian man living in Texas was arrested Thursday on charges he intended to bomb a downtown Dallas skyscraper, federal officials said.

Hosam Maher Husein Smadi was arrested after placing what he believed to be a car bomb outside the 60-story Fountain Place office tower Thursday, according to a statement from the U.S. attorney's office in Dallas. The decoy device was given to him by an undercover FBI agent, the statement said.

& what's with this homegrown crazy:

CHICAGO – A 29-year-old man who idolized American-born Taliban soldier John Walker Lindh has been arrested after attempting to set off what he thought was a powerful bomb in a van outside a federal courthouse in the Illinois capital of Springfield, officials said Thursday.
One man allegedly betraying the hospitality & relative safety of the United States, the other allegedly betraying his own nation. This is scary stuff, & so far they don't sound pumped up with the usual FBI exaggeration. There's also this possible terrorist act of a different sort:
BIG CREEK, Ky. – A census worker found hanged from a tree with the word "fed" scrawled on his chest met his end in a corner of Appalachia with an abundance of meth labs and marijuana fields — and a reputation for mistrusting government that dates back to the days of moonshiners and "revenuers."

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?