Monday, September 21, 2009

Dear ShopRite

Contact Us form concerning my recent shopping experience.
At this ShopRite, a police officer at the door orders me to check my small knapsack. Since I walk everywhere, I always have my knapsack. I would not mind this, as many stores nowadays require bag checking. But here is the process for me:

I hand the knapsack to the person at customer service. I do not receive a bag check receipt. My knapsack usually holds a digital camera & often a library book.

When I've purchased my food items, I leave them unattended inside by the front window, retrieve my knapsack - sometimes from a different person who assumes it is my bag.

I retrieve unattended food, carry it & knapsack outside, place both on dirty sidewalk, pack the food into the knapsack, & throw the plastic bags away - in view of the police officer if he or she is outside.

This doesn't happen at Pathmark, where I often pack the food directly into my knapsack at the self-bag checkout, or do so quickly inside the store.

So you can understand why I rarely shop at ShopRite anymore. Tonight I was there after being in Home Depot, where I was not asked to check my knapsack.

Solution: At least post sign at door that all bags must be checked, & issue bag receipts.

Sincerely,

Labels: ,


Comments:
Is that a "deja vu" post? It seems I read already on this blog.
 
Yeah. Rent-a-Cop standing around outside BSin' with friend does not deter shoplifters with large pockets in the battery aisle. I want a posted bag policy like the stores downtown.
 
Maybe it's the hooded sweatshirt that makes you look suspicious.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?