Monday, June 15, 2009

Hail


Plowing hail in Washington Township, Bergen County, dropped by an intense, slow-moving storm. CBS-TV covered it mainly as a novelty story, didn't interview any of the people with ruined gardens, surely were many in that suburban town. I've never experienced hail like this in Jersey. I've seen pretty large hail - nothing like the baseballs out west - & our hailstorms are usually too brief for more than a little coating on the grass. We had some dark clouds in my town, only a spritzing.

Labels: ,


Comments:
I've lived in NJ for almost 40 years and I only recall seeing hail once or twice, and only for a few seconds at that.
 
A big weather disappointment was missing the Rahway tornado ten years ago, arriving home about an hour later. I was a bit anxious since I had to pass through a police checkpoint & had no idea what to expect.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?