Thursday, June 04, 2009

The analog-digital converter makes a fabulous picture -
when it's not pixilating or freezing. & it hasn't found channel 13, WNET PBS.

Unlike analog, digital is a yes or no signal. It's decoded & there or it ain't.
Won't do to get an amplified antenna. The problem is interference,
not a weak, distant transmitter. I'm still on the second floor
with the entire building between the TV aerial & the Empire State Building.

Conan's glitzy new Tonight Show set truly is impressive.
But after tonight, I'm ready to go back to Dave. Craig Ferguson,
with his puppets, low budget skits & D list guests is more my "Hollywood."
He had Baltimorean detective writer Laura Lippman on a few weeks ago;
her husband created "The Wire." She knows Baltimore.
Venerable mystery/action writer Lawrence Block was on at least twice.
Block's best known series features Matthew Scudder, an ex-cop without
a P.I. license who does "favors." But I'm a fan of his Bernie Rhodenbarr novels,
about a cat burglar who owns a used bookstore in downtown New York,
his best friend a middle-aged lesbian with dog grooming salon.
I can put myself in that fantasy.

Jimmy Fallon has a speech impediment. I don't know if there's a name for it.
I just call it mumbling.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?