Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Comment I wrote on another blog: The Bush adminstration is like a grossout toilet in a public restroom. You can't use it but you're so disgusted that you figure something has to be done. So you kick the flush lever with your foot & run. The shit either goes down or it overflows. either way it gets cleaned up.
***
Over the years of this blog I've received a few requests to remove things. None were political blog posts. One was a complaint about a photo of an item I took from ebay. I was wrikting about the same item, which I own, & couldn't take a good photo of it. What angered the person was that it was displayed on a tablecloth her late mother had given her. I removed it immediately. Appropriating the photo was a no no anyway. She was very glad & apologized for being "sharp" with me.

When I griped about a charitable organization that I felt wasn't upfront about their religious aims in their promotions, I received a very lengthy defense via e mail. It was minor post not worth any hassle. Down it came. I didn't even answer the e mail. I figured that was all the writer wanted.

Recently, a guy brought an old post to my attention containing a block quote from a Jersey newspaper story in which he was described as doing something that had annoyed the hell outta me when I read it. I had forgotten about the post, & had to google it, since he didn't provide a link. What he had done still annoyed me, although he had his reasons. But he hadn't been charged with any offense, & it was not something he'd do again. I googled his name, discovered he was active in a church, went to the church website, read an essay by the Rector, liked what I read, & concluded if the man listened to her every week he was probably alright. That's pretty much what I implied when I wrote back that I deleted the offending post. He was so pleased that he invited me for lunch. I might've taken him up on the offer if he didn't reside sixty miles away.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?