Monday, December 15, 2008

Modern conveniences

I considered the self-service photo print kiosk accepting flash media cards a neat invention (some have scanners). Even printed an 8 X 10 for an art show out of a store machine. But the ones around here are indifferently maintained, Drug Fair hosts a particularly infuriating kiosk, nobody there knows enough about it to hang an out of order sign on it when it breaks, which is often. CVS was recommended to me , so I went online to see what they charged (Drug Fair is 29 cents for a 4 x 6). Discovered that I could upload photo files & pick up the prints at the local CVS down the street the next day at 19 cents per for a minimum $5 order. I needed a bunch of 4 x 6 prints from old postcards I found on websites. I cropped them best I could, uploaded yesterday, picked them up today, paid at the cashier. Pretty amazing when you think that the inexpensive digital camera became the standard point & shoot only in this decade. This week, a local supermarket advertised a Fuji J10, a very good basic pocket digital, for $40, & probably sold out by noon Sunday. I was plenty impressed ten years ago when for a few extra bucks Kodak put low res files of a roll of film on a floppy disk.

Comments:
You're welcome ;-)
 
I'd thought, this is exactly the sort of arrangement they'll screw up somehow at the local store. But it worked!

P.S. I'm aware Rahway HS had a great football team this year. So good that if I still resided on Irving I would've walked around the corner & attended a few games.
 
The games were always lots of fun. RHS lost in the state sectional championship game to a deeper Phillipsburg squad earlier this month at a frigid Rutgers Stadium.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?