Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Annoyances

Annoyances. Couldn't get the photo kiosk at Cost Cutters to print out 4x6 from an SD card, I've always had problems there & that chain sucks anyway. Then a 2-for-1 item didn't scan on sale at the supermarket, & since I'd doublechecked the shelf tag I was compelled to go the service desk for justice. While a clerk went to find out if I was telling the truth, a young couple wired $2080 to Mexico. The fellow handed over twenty crisp hundreds & four clean twenties, & I noted that he & his diminutive wife were not even attired up to the good rummage store standards that are possible in this town. She was wearing a beat up black shirt with a Playboy bunny logo & what looked like baggy pink pajama bottoms. Maybe this is sexy gear in rural Mexico, I don't know. My refund was for $2.89, which was merely a correction, not justice, since they were at fault. Under the old supermarket policy I would've received $5.78 & gotten the items for free.

On the positive side, the branch library had the book I'd ordered sent over from the main library, a book I hadn't expected the library to have at all. (But I still think Elizabeth Public Library is a second rate system, & that it's mostly a problem of people with index card mentalities in key positions). My 1/2 price winter jacket was delivered to a friend's house up the street, I can pick it up tomorrow; I never have anything mailed here too large to fit in the locked box. The bipolar drunk guy on the first floor who mistreated his runty cat & nearly started a serious electrical fire last year moved out & was replaced by a woman who wrapped her door in silver foil & covered it with Christmas decorations. This is, for the moment, a quiet, peaceful building.

Labels:


Comments:
Bob, can you walk to a nearby CVS? The Kodak photo kiosks in Rahway are usually very crowded but the quality of the pictures are top-notch.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?