Saturday, November 15, 2008

Post 2003

Just passed 2000 mark. Approaching a round number in visitor hits, too.

This won't always be post #2003. I occasionally delete, consolidate, or split old posts, if they draw my attention for some reason. Of the 2000, I've written exactly one minor blog "classic" that attracts a small but steady stream of readers, because it's the only scenic personal essay about an obscure location. It would get more hits if I added a few photos.

I'll be back later, I ought to feed Gina's cats before the tornadoes get here. It's 70 degrees. I walked to CVS for a few needed items, thought about continuing to the library, looked at the sky, & turned around.

Labels:


Comments:
I'm at 1,478 posts, soon to hit the 1,500 milestone. I'm also closing in on about 12,000 hits. I have about ten regulars, and the rest are unique hits. It's funny when you check what the "search" was that brings someone to your blog. Lately, I've had about 20 hits this month just about the Catholic elementary school I went to, Villa Cabrini. It always trips me out to see what search request brings someone to my blog.
 
Keeping the number of blog posts down was a conscious decision. I thought if I did a couple of decent pieces of original writing each week & had a few dozen people reading them regularly, that was equal to my old weekly newspaper column or a coffeehouse poetry audience.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?