Monday, November 24, 2008

Eureka!

I'll be darned.
It came to me during the five minute walk from the library to the supermarket.
A concept for a small book.
So absurdly simple that I don't understand why I didn't think of it ten years ago.
Or five years ago.
Or five days ago.
All that time I was trying think of something else.
Maybe something that made me look smarter
instead of what I've already done well
& didn't require literary genius.
Something I never acknowledged or explained while I was doing it
because saying what I was doing would have changed it
into something I didn't want to do.
Eureka!
I don't know if it's a viable concept,
but I can find out based on what I already have written.
***
I'm signing up for a Christmas card exchange again this year. Last year I sent 10 cards expecting 10 in return & received about 30. I do not have a classy card to send. Failed in my searches for the perfect wintry fine art card that wasn't two bucks apiece. So I'll pick an old Jersey postcard with snow in it from my digital collection, make 5x7 prints on the photo machine at Drug Fair, & enclose it with the card.

Comments:
Good.

Keep writing.
 
Thank you for your poem. Mrs. Contrarian has been doing a very sweet job on her Great American Novel, and I have been nagging her for years to include a talking cat in the book. I think she is finally capitulating to my demand.
 
Thank you for calling it a poem. Too generous. I don't see how Mrs. C could go wrong with a talking cat. Forget about dogs. Gary Larson of Far Side accurately depicted a talking dog in one of his cartoons. All it could say was "Hey! Hey! Hey!"
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?