Sunday, October 19, 2008

Atlantic City NJ


Sea lion pen at Captain Starn's.

Click on photo for full effect. It was as depressing as it looks here.
Captain Starn's was a huge, old tourist trap seafood restaurant at the inlet end of the boardwalk.
I didn't get up that way much when I stayed with my grandmother, but I visited the poor sea lions on a few occasions. I'd completely forgotten the pathetic attraction until I came across this postcard.
Starn's was shabby, like the rest of the city. I have no idea where they got the animals or what happened to them during winter. The water was murky & trashy. They sold sardines I think, but of course people threw all kinds of crap, from the adjacent snack bar.

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Sea Lions in New Jersey? They are as common as Canada geese off the coast of California.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?