Saturday, September 06, 2008

limerick

There once was a lady Alaskin
who on the Repug stage was baskin'.
"Here's my salmon & mooses,
my guns & papooses,
a qualified mom multi-taskin'."

***
A CNN viewer commented that Sarah Palin is like the dancing baby commercial.
See it once, maybe twice, it was either amusing or, as I found it, freakish. Then they kept running it. Sarah Palin is boring. She has an irritating voice, silly hair, beliefs & avocations I try to ignore. Although I'd love to take the popular boat trip up the Alaska coast, & have a mild curiosity to see Iceland, I have little interest in cold climes. I like soft-peaked green mountains with wide farm valleys, the Shenandoah & parts of northwest New Jersey. I look at Palin & wonder how she avoided having ten children & I don't want to learn the answer. She's surrounded with dangerous beauty in Alaska & yet there's no poetry in her. She may be grace-filled in a protestant sense, but she isn't graceful. Or gracious. She's a person I have no desire to know or know about. She's not sexy; that's a rebuttal to the Tina Fey comparisons & to those who can't imagine pillow talk so entertaining it makes you want to do it again. My reaction to Palin is basically, "You don't belong down here in the Lower 48, or Hawaii. You're a fringe character, & that's fine, there's all sorts of cable shows we can watch about you. Go home."

Labels: ,


Comments:
Caught Biden on Meet the Press (it's just not the same without it's host...)

He said she'd make a formidable opponent, but Tom acted toward him like he'd never come against such a tough person before. I didn't get that. Joe Biden, the firecracker! She's really not an anomaly, she's small-minded and nasty and that's what Biden deals with everyday with the GOP.

Back to women and totes... I want one of those ----->>>>>
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?