Monday, September 01, 2008

Fresno State 24 Rutgers 7

I nearly posted yesterday predicting a 10 point Fresno State win. Not because I know much about Fresno or Rutgers football, but because I watched a number of Western Athletic Conference games last year, most with Hawaii, & concluded that it was a hard-nosed collection of schools with only one stadium in paradise. Now that it is again possible to defeat Hawaii, & considering Wisconsin & UCLA are also on their nonconference schedule, Fresno was very motivated to win the opener. Motivation is a traditional weakness at Rutgers. Rutgers could lose nine games this season, with the potential for a privileged, wealthy few watching five of them from the new luxury boxes. & I hope every loss shrinks Coach Schiano's dream of replacing Joe Paterno at Penn State & pushes him a step closer toward a successful head coaching career at Hofstra & a modest, comfortable home on Long Island.

Labels: ,


Comments:
I'm not taking anything away from the well-rounded effort of the Bulldogs, but the Knights just looked uninspired and disorganized. Even before the magical 2006 season, I accused Greg Schiano of not being a quality game day coach. After watching Monday's game, I stand by my 2005 statement.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?