Thursday, September 18, 2008

Blogger is behaving strangely

This post isn't showing on my list, although the atom feed sees it. Yesterday, edits were appearing in the published blog but reverting to the previous version when I opened the edit window. An entire paragraph kept disappearing. With good reason hardly anyone using blogger wants to give advice on these kinds of glitches, because they've had them also, & you don't want to suggest anything that might be irreversible,
Dear Pastordan:

The Brewers are struggling, but they never had a real chance against Lou Pinella's Cubs, & they're in the Wild Card race. The Badgers are ranked 8, Packers 2-0, I'd call that a pretty good Sept. in Wisconsin.

regards
A.P.
A lovely day. I walked to the clinic, needed the doctor to fill out a form for another matter, & it is not a lovely walk. Along the way I found a perfectly fine Star-Ledger on top of a garbage can, brought it to read in case I had a long wait. Also had a novel in my backpack. The wait was reasonable & the doctor was familiar with the form. Stopped by main library on way back, picked up a couple more novels. I'd like to get into the history section there. Not today.

Discovered why I walked straight into a telephone pole Friday night in a place I'd walked hundreds of times at all hours in all weather. Although the pole is set back several feet from the curb, there had been no sidewalk around the base, it was sticking out of a large, square section of dirt, so even if you were looking down while walking, you'd go around it. But within the past month the city installed a new curb, fancy brickwork next to the curb, & an entire block of brand new concrete sidewalk, & now the pole is literally in the middle of the sidewalk. When I walked into it I was on automatic pilot, & there never had been a pole sticking out of the sidewalk at that point, because for me the sidewalk didn't run into the pole, until I painfully learned on Friday night that now it did. But it is a reminder to be attentive.

I sidetracked into South Amboy once, driving up Route 35 late one afternoon, staying in the right hand lane as I day-dreamed, the through lane became a gradual exit lane & I drove over a mile before I realized I wasn't on Route 35 anymore, & the surroundings were totally unfamiliar, I didn't know where the hell I was exactly. So I just kept going until I recognized a gin mill I'd been in once to hear a band, & from there I basically followed a trail of local dives where I'd heard bands to get to a road I knew would take me out of South Amboy.

Labels:


Comments:
Are you using the new version, or have you still clung to the old one, like me? Although, Zaire's and Sid's blogs use the new format, I've yet to allow my Bar and Grill to be googlized.
 
Old version. Couldn't figure out how to customize sidebar in the new one, only a couple of the extra toys interested me anyway.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?