Tuesday, August 05, 2008

man with a tote bag

I had two files open, writing notes on two books I'm reading, one brand new about Catholicism from the 14 day loan shelves at the public library, the other older & on Evangelicals. I squeeze this serious stuff in around the private eye novels. Takes a long time to get through the semi-intellectual reading, but if I take notes it gives me months of material to spice up my comments at the Street Prophets website & sound like a smarty. My brain got tired, so I took a break & walked up to the 7-11. A man with a tote bag outside my building asked if I wanted some information about the Bible. I politely said no thanks. He said have a nice day. After filling my much used refillable 7-11 Mets logo plastic cup with hot chocolate & paying for it, I browsed through newspaper headlines, even sneaking a peek inside The Post to learn more about what Mary Kate Olson didn't know about Heath Ledger's drug use. I then left the 7-11 & immediately encountered the man with the tote bag who again asked me if I wanted some information about the Bible, & I politely said no thanks, & he said have a nice day.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?