Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Entertain me

I don't plan on writing about the party conventions, unless it's to comment on the music. I like silly hats. I have no interest in the partisan either/or, yes/no/maybe so, for/against talking head talking points "analysis" of the cable networks, nothing new to say & they never invite anyone who might have an original thought. I don't know how anyone can stand to listen to Tom Brokaw, whose wrong-headed statements are routinely accepted as "true" because nobody bothers to pick them apart; or any of the other predictable pundits, bland or contentious depending on why they've been hired. How come all the Catholic commentators are sour Jansenists who can't enjoy themselves when they sin? Cripes, they're worst than the protestants who pour milk in root beer because carbonation is too stimulating. I'm only watching the big speeches. I switched over from the Mets game for Uncle Ted's moment & from Weather Channel's tropical storm forecast for Michelle. BBC-America treats the conventions as entertainment spectacle, they have nothing like them in British politics, even the terms "liberal" & "conservative" have different meanings for the Brits. The BBC team is just having a little party in their little broadcast booth, they seem to be enjoying themselves immensely.

Later: Shawn Johnson wore her white peace sign earrings again, this time on Letterman. The girl is definitely making a statement, if only a general sentiment. She chooses to wear them.

Labels:


Comments:
The band is making me a little dance-y. I admit it.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?