Saturday, July 12, 2008

Barq's

I drank a 12 ounce can of Barq's root beer today. It wasn't good but most soda isn't. Mistake. It had so much high fructose corn syrup, caffeine, & carbonation that for the next two hours I had jitters, gas, & peed about five times - I lost count. Another crap product brought to us by Coca Cola. I didn't know it was the only root beer promoted as an energy drink. If I ever want to do that to myself, I'll have a double espresso shot cappuccino so I at least get some pleasure out of the experience. I suppose most beverages sold as "root beer" are no such thing anyway. Hire's, A&W, Stewart's are all owned by the same company, so much for authenticity.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?