Wednesday, May 21, 2008

sweetie

There are a few women I call sweetie sometimes when I see them. They call me hon or something like that. We've known each other a long time. No other women hear it from me.

I worked only briefly in the kind of large office environment where one had to be very careful regarding "improper" language & there were written policies & procedures for making complaints. I've worked in retail store environments where coworker language was no issue - back in the stockrooms the women flung as many words as the men.
***
Even if he publishes his own string of crappy weekly newspapers, as James Devine does in Union & Middlesex Counties, & they are borderline slanderous on the front pages - I enjoy the dirt, & filled with lots of garbage inside, & he gives them away for free in supermarkets, & the only reason one might take it home is for a Mexican restaurant discount coupon, & he writes his own copy, it's still a bit much to call himself a "Democratic strategist" & say that he was the "mastermind" behind the defeat of Perth Amboy mayor Joe Vas. Yeah, like I'm an influential blogger & New York City media cultural icon. This is what happens when I'm stuck in a checkout line in Pathmark & the only magazines in my lane are in Spanish. I used to stumble through basic Spanish writing, maybe I should brush up.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?