Friday, February 22, 2008

What a wonderful world

"Unusualist" Raymond Crowe performed this brief hand shadow routine to the Louis Armstrong song on Letterman. Sentimental, but highly recommended.

Some kids from the apt building up the block made a classic three tier snowman with eyes & a carrot nose. It's the building where one of the tenants plants flowers all around the front yard. Repairs were done on my apt & I think the place has a good chance of passing but the inspection scheduled for today was postponed until Monday. Hopefully, the guy above me won't overflow his bathtub between now & then.

Final column by Tom Moran in today's Star-Ledger. He's leaving to become policy director at PSE&G, a leap not easy to figure. Sensible man of plain prose. I often wished he used a sharper knife, but could never fault his decency.

Comments:
It warms my heart to hear about real life snowmen. I had my students write about how to make one in theory a few weeks ago and they looked at me as if I asked them to bring back something that was extinct.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?